WiX Toolset v3.9 R2 is a maintenance release of WiX v3.9 that fixes several serious bugs:
- Bug 4600 | VSExtension Help custom action binaries are corrupt.
- Bug 4608 | Multiple prerequisites return failure, when 1st prerequisite is already installed and 2nd prerequisite is installed successfully.
- Bug 4609 | Bug in BVariantCopy() in src/burn/engine/variant.cpp
Thanks to @rseanhall
for fixing these bugs.
WiX Toolset v3.9 R2 is v3.9.1208.0.
- wix39.exe is the installer for the WiX Toolset and is required for integration into Visual Studio.
- wix39-binaries.zip contains the files that make up the WiX Toolset and is useful if you don't need Visual Studio integration -- for example, if you're just checking WiX into source control.
- wix39-debug.zip contains a reference copy of the WiX source code and symbol (.pdb) files, both of which are useful when debugging problems with WiX.
- wix39exe.zip contains the wix39.exe installer inside a .zip file, useful if your IT department prevents direct downloading of .exe files.