WiX Toolset v3.6 introduces the Burn bootstrapper/chaining engine and support for Visual Studio 2012 and .NET Framework 4.5. Other minor functionality includes:
- WixDependencyExtension supports dependency checking among MSI packages.
- WixFirewallExtension supports more features of Windows Firewall.
- WixTagExtension supports Software Id Tagging.
- WixUtilExtension now supports recursive directory deletion.
- Melt simplifies pure-WiX patching by extracting .msi package content and updating .wixpdb files to match.
- Pyro lets you rewrite named bind paths to allow the use of .wixpdb files with different local file paths.
- Retina lets you extract and rebuild files in a .wixlib to allow you to, for example, sign files embedded in a .wixlib.
- Shine scans WiX authoring, projects, and output to diagram their relationships.
- .wixproj MSBuild projects support incremental build.
- Language enhancements include:
- PatchFamilyGroup allows grouping of patch families.
- MediaTemplate automates and simplifies multi-cab authoring.
- Localization now supports localizing controls and dialogs in addition to strings.
- RegistryKey/@Action has been deprecated in favor of ForceCreateOnInstall and ForceDeleteOnUninstall attributes.
- LayoutDirectory and LayoutDirectoryRef have been obsoleted.
- And many (493!) bug fixes.
The v3.6 RTM build is v3.6.3303.0.
For more information see: http://robmensching.com/blog/posts/2012/9/3/WiX-v3.6-released
Update: WiX v3.6.3303.1 fixed the bundle for Visual Studio 2005 compatilibity. No other changes were made.
Update 2: Added wix36-ia64.zip to include IA-64 binaries that were missing. No other changes were made.